Thursday, December 8, 2011

no shop windows

  Lately, looking desperately for filling my leisure days, I observe the odd features and the specificities
of a city without shops in the streets, and therefore with no shop windows.
   I could never imagine how different, and unfortunately not better, would be a city without shop windows
which means no people on the sidewalks (as for all the other jobs also, nobody walks).
   Almost lifeless.
   Perhaps, if the spaces which usual occupied by stores, as we know them in the big cities, had another
use not relevant with trade and consumption ( ? ), the city may would be prettier and more interesting.
   I think that, finally, apart from the shopping therapy (which works perfectly as an alibi for our consumption
sins), the window shopping, in this case, could be a kind of therapy against boredom.
   Anyway, let's console myself, thinking that there are no sirens to lure me, with their song, making me
forget my destination...



ATLANTIC  CITY




NEW  YORK




NEW  YORK




NEW  YORK




NEW  YORK




CHICAGO




CHICAGO




CHICAGO




DOOR  COUNTY,  WISCONSIN



ALBUQUERQUE,  NEW  MEXICO




SANTA  FE,  NEW  MEXICO




NEW  ORLEANS




NEW  ORLEANS




NEW  ORLEANS




BERLIN




AMSTERDAM




AMSTERDAM

No comments:

Post a Comment