Sunday, January 22, 2012

...a piece of cake

Wayne Thiebaud


    10 years (and something) ago I visited New York for first time. It was a wonderful long journey
with plenty of free time for searching. Endless visits to museums, galleries, and any point of interest.
 Minor or major, almost daily, explorations and discoveries. Pleasant surprises.
    Coming, someone, from another continent suddenly finds unknown things, places,
and mostly people.
    I personally didn't know, and I'd never seen Wayne Thiebaut's artwork.
    In my first visit at the Whitney Museum (very interesting and not immense),
I discovered one of the most interestingly different artists.
    Playful, "delicious" (well known for his artwork with cakes), charming, and with a characteristic
"simplification" of the description.

   My own Wayne Thiebaut...




  

No comments:

Post a Comment