Tuesday, October 16, 2012

miniature worlds



    
              When I embraced the medium of photography, I felt that taking a picture that  
              represented only what was within the frame of the lens wasn’t expressing my 
              personal and inner experience of the world around me. With the eye and training
              of a painter and with years of experience behind me in film visual effects, 
              I began to take my photos to another level. The ‘Future Memories’ series
             comprises of 20 floating worlds, meticulously composed with thousands of
             assembled details. Visual poetry, nature photography and digital techniques 
             blend together to give shape to these transcendental landscapes. The result is a
             contemporary pictorial mythology that subtly reminds the viewer of a profound
             truth: that it is in the flourishing variety of the local that the fate of the world
             resides.
                                                                                                                     Catherine Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment